I’m always amazed but the colours found in nature, and the colour of these flamingos is a perfect example. The different shades of pink mixed with a few bold hits of black – these are stylish birds.
For my layout, I kept to a narrow colour scheme. Shades of flamingo pink, a mid-tone grey-brown, white, and black. Glitz Design’s Finnley Tiny Roller Doodle Feather stamp helped me add in a few small feathers, and a large pink feather sticker from Carta Bella’s Wildflower collection made the perfect backdrop for the title. To get a variety of shades on Heidi Swapp’s Color Magic tag and heart, I used a mix of mists. Two shades of pinks, with a light mist of peach Color Shine on top to add a bit of shimmer. I inked the edges with Distress Ink and mounted them with pop dots to keep them from blending in too much with the patterned paper.
I tend to keep my journalling brief on my layouts, but I do add a few notes to the back if there’s something special I want to remember. That can be anything from a personal memory to random information, like the temperature or where we stopped for a coffee. Anything that doesn’t add to the story I want to tell, but was part of the experience. I do write more in my Project Life albums, and when I make a mini album about a trip I’ll add all sorts of anecdotes and random details.
- Recollections grey cardstock
- Glitz Design, Hello Friend, Polka patterned paper
- Carta Bella, Wildflower, Element Stickers
- Glitz Design, Finnley, Tiny Roller Doodle Feathers roller stamp
- Studio Calico Label Stickers
- Heidi Swapp, Color Magic, Paper Goods Ephemera Pack
- Heidi Swapp, Color Shine, Peach
- Studio Calico, Mister Huey’s, Boss Lady and Sunset
- Basic Grey, Cappella, Chipboard Letter Stickers
- My Mind’s Eye, Lost & Found 3, Ruby brads
- Ranger, Distress Ink, Pumice Stone
- Memento, Tuxedo Black ink
- misc: pop dots, Scotch ATG, washi tape, fine Sharpie Pen