It feels like forever since I’ve posted anything! Not sure that two weeks counts as forever in the blogging world, but it feels that way. Life got busy, my studio got turned upside down, and it took way longer for me to get things back to normal. My space is still a mess – now of regular projects and all the christmas supplies I’ve pulled out for holiday projects, but it’s a good mess. The kind of mess that just invites cutting and gluing and all sorts of creative play.
Today’s layout was a quick one. It was my first layout in a couple weeks and it always takes me a layout or two to get back in the groove of things. If someone tells you that creativity is effortless – it’s not! I grabbed a few supplies and tried not to overthink it. I might change it up in the future, but it’s going in the album just like this for now. I love the squinty look my cat gives me when she’s content. It’s as though she’s so mellow and carefree that she can only pull off half a blink. More than the layout, that photo – the memory, is what I want in my album.
The patterned papers are all Project Life cards, and I used dimensional stickers and foam dots to add dimension. I kept to a narrow colourway of white, grey, and shades of pink and coral, and I used two different fonts to add some subtle interest.
- Becky Higgins Project Life, Dear Lizzy and Dreamy core kits
- EK Success, Sticko, dimensional heart stickers
- Crate Paper, Oh Darling, Accent Stickers
- Prima, Delight, Journaling Spot Stickers
- Basic Grey, Spice Market, letter stickers
- American Crafts, Dear Lizzy, Thickers, Cordial
- Recollections, two-inch circle punch
- EK Success, notebook edge punch
- My Mind’s Eye, Cut & Paste, Snapshots decorative stamps
- Versa Color, Chateau Grey
- Tim Holtz, Distress Ink, Pumice Stone
- Ranger, Foam Blending Tool
- Bella Blvd, Pink Chevron washi
- Scotch Expressions, washi