I had a meeting downtown Toronto, and took a few minutes after my meeting to take a couple shots of the buildings against the day’s brilliant blue sky. Toronto’s City Hall was designed by Finnish architect Viljo Revell, and it is his most famous building. I’ve always loved the building and I was able to visit other buildings he designed while I was in Finland. It’s been used in a number of big and small screen productions. If it seems familiar to you, it might be from films like Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Red, and The Sentinel, or tv shows like Star Trek: The Next Generation, Pokemon, and Flashpoint.
This layout was fun to make, but I’m a bit torn about whether I like it or not LOL. I don’t like how the splatter turned out. I didn’t have a mist the colour I wanted, so I tried doing a splatter effect with some paint. The dots are larger and not as random and scattered looking as they end up when I use mist. I’m not sure if it’s a case of just me seeing the ‘mistake’, or if it’s distracting to everyone who looks at it.
I love the grey, navy, turquoise, and pink combination. That came from Adrienne Looman’s Ocean Melody collection and from Pink Paislee’s Switch Board collection. I also loved using a flair badge. I don’t usually use them – although they’re some of my most favourite embellishments to buy/collect LOL. I thought the dimension of the flair was a nice way to echo the curved dome in the center of the building. I’m also happy with how the title turned out – I love using Copics to custom colour white letter stickers.
- Recollections grey cardstock
- American Crafts white cardstock
- Webster’s Pages, Adrienne Looman’s Ocean Melody, Cool Water
- Studio Calico, Darling Deer, Gardner
- Crate Paper, Flea Market, Heirloom
- Pink Paislee, Switch Board, Ephemera Pack
- Pink Paislee, Switch Board, Stickers
- Chic Tags, Cloud 9, Mini Icons
- October Afternoon, Daily Flash, Flash Alpha Meringue “Story Book” letter stickers
- Copic, Sketch, BG23 Coral Sea
- Tim Holtz, Distress Paint, Chipped Saphire
- Tim Holtz, Distress Ink, Pewter
- Ranger, Foam Blending Tool
- misc: flair, washi, ATG, Fiskars trimmer, EK Success scissors