I’ve got another Fallingwater layout this week. You can check out the previous three layouts here, here, and here. If you want to check out the Fallingwater live cam here. You get the iconic view of the home, in all seasons, and at all different times of the day.
This photo is taken from halfway up the walkway between the main house and guest house. You can see the stepped cover over the walk, and the full and lush rhododendron bushes that grow all over the site. As is usual with Wright’s designs, the entrance to the house is tucked away and not visible until you’re right in front of it. It adds a wonderful feeling of seclusion and privacy, as if it’s a secret place that only you know the way into.
Keeping in line with the other layouts from this trip, I kept to a narrow colourway of neutrals with an accent colour that references the photo. In this case, the ColorMagic die cuts from Heidi Swapp were perfect. The leaves look natural on the layout, and remind me of all the rhodedendrons we saw that day.
- Recollections, kraft cardstock
- My Mind’s Eye, Follow Your Heart, Be Happy
- American Crafts, DIY Shop, Gold Foil on Black
- Staples, shipping tag, size 5
- Sookwang, Scor-Tape
- Crystal Glitter Ritz, Warm Highlight
- Heidi Swapp, ColorMagic, die cut embellishments
- Peerless Watercolors, Olive Green and Myrtle Green
- Heidi Swapp, ColorShine, Bronzer
- Crate Paper, Notes & Things, Ephemera Pack
- Tsukineko, VersaMark, Watermark ink
- Tsukineko, Sheer Shimmer Spritz, Frost