Hi everyone! This is the facing page to friday’s layout. You can check out that post here. Both pictures show the wonderful kangaroos at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. I could have easily put both the group photo and the single kangaroo photo on the same page, but I loved both so much that I wanted to give each their own page.
I wanted the pages to coordinate, but not match exactly. I kept to a similarly simple colour palette, but swapped out the cool blues for warmer ones. I also used a woodgrain paper and a journalling card that references photography. I decided to use the warmer colours with the more intimate closeup photo of the one kangaroo, and the cooler colours with the the photo of the mob grazing in the shade.
And this is how they look side by side. You can see how elements are oriented the same on both layouts. How the titles are composed of two different fonts – one flat and one foam, and how both flags and circle die cuts are incorporated into embellishment clusters.
Note: I’m not actually sure if that sole kangaroo is a male (boomer) or a female (flyer)… Didn’t get a great look at the undercarriage, and my kangaroo identification skills are limited… Really limited… Like, “ooh, a kangaroo!” limited… : )
- Recollections, kraft cardstock
- Famcy Pants, Beach Bum, Hang Ten
- October Afternoon, Daily Flash, Snapshots, Memory Cards
- My Mind’s Eye, Now and Then, Izzy, Mixed Bag
- My Mind’s Eye, The Sweetest Thing, Tangerine, Decorative Buttons
- My Mind’s Eye, Now and Then, Milo, Mixed Bag
- Basic Grey, Kneehighs & Bowties, Tape Strips
- American Crafts, Amy Tangerine, Remarks, Accent & Phrase Stickers
- American Crafts, Amy Tangerine, Remarks, Penpal, # Letter and Sticker Book
- American Crafts, Dear Lizzy, Cordial Thickers
- Crate Paper, The Open Road, Accent Stickers
- Memento, Tuxedo Black ink
- Bic Fountain Nib pen
- date stamp, homemade Perler dots