Last week’s NSD (ISD?) activities tuckered me out! I was under the weather and couldn’t quite get as involved as I wanted, and missed posting something up here. I do have a couple of layouts to post and play catch up though…. Let’s get started!
This first layout has a photo I took at a friend’s wedding. It never fails, if it’s a big occasion – wedding, birthday, Christmas, I don’t take my normal hundreds of pictures. I go to the mail box and take more pictures than I do during big life moments! Argh! I’m going to say that I get caught up in the moments and am just too busy enjoying myself to click the shutter. Yeah, that’s it.
So, at my friend’s wedding and I take maybe a couple dozen pictures. The handful that turned out include two of a young boy that was peeking over the fence at the ceremony in progress, one of the patio (the actual patio – I was planning my own backyard projects at the time), and this one. This one definitely falls into the category I call “story pictures”. It’s one of those photos that has no meaning, no context, no interest to anyone and you have to say, “oh – let me explain….”
The explanation: when the band started to play, the room was lit in just violet lights and candles. It was such a pretty moment, it felt like everything was glowing. I love that the candle and flowers is in focus and the dance floor and band are part of the haze.
The layout is pretty simple. I didn’t want to add too many details or embellishments because I wanted to keep the ethereal feel of the photo. I added the gold edge to the layout by running a watermark ink pad along the edge of the paper and then adding gold embossing powder. I love the organic, imperfect look it created. I don’t usually use ribbon but I did this time, so even on a basic layout I managed to try something new.
- Studio Calico, white cardstock
- My Mind’s Eye, On Trend, 6×6 paper pad
- Altenew, Vintage Roses stamp set
- Altenew, Vintage Roses die set
- Tsukineko, VersaMark, WaterMark ink pad
- Tsukineko, VersaMagic, Red Brick chalk ink
- Tsukineko, VersaMagic, Perfect Plumeria chalk ink
- Tsukineko, VersaMagic, Purple Hydrangea chalk ink
- World’s Greatest Embossing Powder, Ultra Detail Mirror Gold embossing powder
- My Mind’s Eye, Fancy That, Pearl stickers
- We R Memory Keepers, Evolution Advanced die cutting machine
- Marvy heat gun
- Imaginisce rhinestone heat setting tool